Simple, powerful LMS for Councils
To finish working on the project in HR process automation domain. To implement the product in the infrastructure of the end customer. To make security analysis and eliminate potential threats.To modernize the system and develop mobile applications.
As a result of the system audit, we created product development strategy and system modernization plan.
We had the following business tasks:
- To create a site mobile version
- To update design and usability of the current version
- To make system safety testing and eliminate potential problems
- To make a system a modular one in order to allow to easily customize it to the needs of end customers with minimal effort
- To implement SSO module (a single login) for integration with LDAP (the system of access control in customer infrastructure)
- To implement data integration and synchronisation with Core HR and HR Cascade systems
- To finish working on such features as Gamification and Enrolment Approval
- To develop iOS and Android mobile applications
What concerns technical tasks, the most important were:
- To perform refactoring of the existing code. As the system had been developing for 2 years before we joined the project, for that period technologies had changed. And also code quality wasn’t high.
- To separate business logic and application appearance (a necessity for its redesign). Also we must build mobile apps and a website mobile version. For this purpose we developed REST API to transfer data for a mobile version. The website was also switched to REST API together with redesign.
- To make the system scalable. For that we significantly reworked the architecture and data configuration and improved a system deployment pattern. The possibilities of Amazon infrastructure were used in large volumes.
- Backend (PHP,Java): Yii, Symfony, Spring
- Web: HTML5/CSS, AngularJS, SASS
- Database: MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Infrastructure: Amazon(EC2, Load balancer, Autoscaling group, S3, RDS, SNS), Docker
- 3 PHP developers
- 2 frontend developers
- 1 business analyst / 1 project manager
- 2 QA engineers
Coordination of protocols
Integration of SCORM standard
Making the system high-scalable
Develop REST API
Run automatic tasks and activities
The app involves the following features
Efficient collaboration with team
- Simple formation of groups by departments for close productive work
- Building groups for top management teams
- Sharing up-to-date documents and simultaneous work with them
- Expertise sharing, making posts polls and events
Staff training techniques
- Adding new users
- Providing access to various training materials
- Providing certificates
Convenient reporting system
- 20 standard report templates to choose between
- Measuring staff performance
- Providing feedback based on KPIs
- Defining spheres of possible improvement
- Rewarding for great performance and course accomplishment
- The possibility to create competitiveness by setting budgets, points and levels
Building employee career roadmaps
- Guiding staff for progression
- Tracking employee progress
- Showing the next steps of development
- Checking survey reports and making analysis
- Creating new surveys
- Comparing expectations with results
- Choosing questions from a variety of prepared ones
We developed a complicated e-learning system for efficient staff education which would involve various trainings, methodologies, gamification tools, convenient reporting system, and allow to analyze employee results, create groups for teamwork and much more. We successfully solved all issues and challenges appearing during the system development, and built a complex e-learning web application and its mobile version with rich functionality. During this project we received useful experience in working with Amazon, Yii framework and PHP tools as well.
Found the project that catches your eye? Let's discuss it!
Leave a request and we will contact you within a day!