Services platform for dog owners
Develop a tool which allows dog owners and dog caretakers to connect, communicate and exchange services with each other.
We had the following business tasks:
- Provide dog owners and dog hosts with ability to find best matches according to requested profile parameters and location
- Provide dog owners with a possibility to request from a dog care providers services for their pets
- Provide dog hosts with possibility to request a job
- Develop a system, supporting 2 key roles for mobile users and 1 admin role to moderate the content in the system
- Implement functionality for smart filtering
- Implement positioning functionality by GPS and device Geo IP
- Implement messaging feature
- Backend: Java 8, Spring Boot, jOOQ, Lombok, Thumbnailator, Apache Commons, PostgresSQL, AWS
- Web: Angular 6, TypeScript, RxJS, Angular CLI, Amazon (S3, CloudFront)
- iOS: Swift 4.1, Swagger Codegen, Auto Layout, Storyboard, RxSwift
- Android: Firebase Messaging, Retrofit, Kotlin, Android Support Library
- 1 backend developer
- 2 frontend developers
- 2 iOS developers
- 1 business analyst / project manager
- 2 designers
- 1 QA engineer
Smart filters & positioning
The app involves the following features
- Visualized step-by-step process of creating profiles for dog owners, dog hosts and admin
- Filling out profile details depending on a user role.
- Setting up subprofiles of dogs for dog owners
Search & filter
- Filtering other users depending on when and for whom the help is needed, adding profiles to bookmarks for easy access
Rate & Review
- Users who have already got an experience of work with other users can rate and review them. This way other users can decide based on this feedback to whom they would like to give an order
- Messaging feature allows users to request or offer their services in the simplest way
Multi-functional mobile applications for Android/iOS which users can apply in cases:
- Dog owners — search and request help with pets
- Dog hosts — suggest their assistance
For a further stage, some major updates are planned: adding of an Orders feature so the users could monitor statuses of their orders in real-time; adding of a Payment system for the users to support the service.
Time to start a new project? Or just want to say "hi"?
Either way, let's talk!